What is ADA Signage?
Custom ADA signs are designed, fabricated, and installed to help individuals who are visually impaired. These special accessibility tools are must-have investments for all brick-and-mortar facilities in Boston and surrounding areas. According to the Americans with Disabilities Act, these signs must have the following:
- Universal symbols
- Basic fonts without additional embellishments
- Non-glaring surfaces
- Contrasting background and text hues
- Braille on all permanent and important spaces
- And more.
Types of ADA Signs in Boston
- Amenity signs: These custom braille signs are often used to label conference rooms, reception areas, restrooms, cafeterias, parking lots, and even vending machine corners. Putting them up helps improve customer satisfaction because they will feel that you are concerned about their needs.
- Exit ADA compliant signs: These life-saving visual solutions assist your workers and clients in identifying the nearest exit points during emergencies. Our Corona team ensures that they are strategically affixed and are highly visible even during lowlight situations.
- Stairwell, escalator, and elevator Braille signs: Getting lost in establishments while looking for stairs and lifts is a common occurrence for customers. If you want to save their time, you must provide directional cues and information that label these areas. Customers will surely appreciate your effort in making their lives easier with these signs.
- Room designation ADA signs “near me”: If you want to remind workers and guests not to enter prohibited rooms and know which areas they are allowed to stay in, you need to invest in high-quality ADA Braille signs. We typically install these at hotels, hospitals, spas, and similar establishments.
- ADA safety and warning signs: These simple yet important signs indicate messages such as “restricted area”, “watch your step”, “hard hat area”, and “fire hazard” to prevent accidents and injuries. We often make these with a photoluminescent material that is visible in the dark.
Uses of ADA Signs
As a business owner, you might question the importance of these signs when they don’t directly sell your products and services. The truth is, not all signs have to be for this specific purpose only. Some of them are intended to create a better experience for employees and customers.
Accessible signage in Boston is a must-have investment because it promotes safety and convenience in your establishment. Having ADA signs also show that the brand does not discriminate against one's disability.
#1 ADA sign company in Boston, MA
The Sign Doctor specializes in creating high-quality visual communication and marketing tools for businesses in various industries. As industry leaders, we focus on creating solutions that add value to your company.
ADA signs near Boston are incredibly detail-oriented, and the slightest mistakes can cause many problems for your business. From accidents and unhappy customers to legal complaints and fines, the list goes on. If you don’t want to worry about these, you have to work with a reliable sign company with the experience, expertise, and equipment to produce ADA bathroom signs.
Book a consultation with us today to learn more about the cost of ADA signs in Boston.